Funds must be sent to the Optimism rollup in order to use Perpetual Protocol, which can be done within the app by going to "Deposit" on any of the supported assets.
Some useful security tips for bridging: i) before bridging, check the bridge status on Twitter (search the bridge name and see if there is any chatter about an exploit or a hack). If there's no chatter, then it should be safe to bridge. ii) Set the approval to the exact amount you're bridging so that even if there's an exploit, your funds will remain safe. iii) Always DYOR before using any bridge.
Check out our video guide on bridging to Optimism:
Bridging assets to Optimism is a simple process and there are two main paths for traders on our platform:
- Use our Optifaucet to get 0.002 ETH when bridging at least 1,500 USDC to a new wallet on Optimism (ETH Faucet in the screenshot below).
- Bridge ETH/USDC from mainnet, CEXes or other networks like Arbitrum, xDai and Polygon (Bridge ETH in the screenshot below).
By bridging 1,500 USDC or more to a new wallet on Optimism, you'll get 0.002 ETH for free by using our very own Optifaucet.
Enter your wallet address, complete the Captcha and click on "Request".
After successfully bridging 1,500 USDC, you'll receive 0.002 ETH. You can then swap some USDC for more ETH using Uniswap to cover your expected gas fees for trading on L2, and start using Perp v2 Optimism without having to bridge over any ETH!
Some of the bridges supported within Perp v2 are:
- Optimism Gateway: provided by the good people at Optimism.
- Hop Exchange: a multi-chain bridge supporting transfers of ETH, USDC, etc. between several chains including Ethereum, Optimism and xDai.
- LayerSwap: withdraw ETH directly from CEXes to Optimism.
New bridge projects are emerging all the time and each serves different needs. Other bridging options you can use are displayed on Optimism's website here.
Do Your Own Research: Token bridges may introduce risk and in some cases employ centralized components. Always research a bridge before using it, just as you would any crypto or DeFi project.
Support for Optimism withdrawals from CEXes is expected to expand in the future. Withdrawals of ETH to the Optimism network are supported by Binance and Huobi.
You can then swap some of your ETH for USDC using Uniswap to start trading on Perp v2.